Welcome to our world

Sunday 13th June 2004

Now it has been a busy couple of weeks since the beginning of June.  Right at the beginning of the month, Granddad B, Scott and Daddy went to the British Motor Show at the Birmingham NEC.  As you can see Scott had a really good time trying out all the cars.  He really liked the MG supercar that they let him sit in.  But his favourite was the Aston Martin stand.  The gentleman on the stand came up to him and asked him which car was his favourite.  He pointed to the new DB9 convertible. To which he replied, a fine choice and handed him a special DB9 key ring and told him to use it when he is 17.  Somehow we think he will want too!!!!
After the motor show, Mummy picked Daddy and Scotty up to drive on to Scotland to visit Grandma and Granddad C.  We arrived very late in the night and woke up in Grandma & Granddad C’s new house in Biggar. On the first day we went to Lanark Loch to play in the park and climb the trees, you can see the pictures by clicking here.  As you can see from the pictures we had a lot of fun playing on the swings and climbing trees.  Granddad C kept falling off the log we were all balancing on, it was very funny.   Also while we were in Scotland we went to visit Aunty Claire and Uncle David who live in Edinburgh.  It was Uncle David’s birthday and so we had a little party for him after  we went to Church with them on the Sunday.  Daddy, Scotty and Granddad C went hiking as well to the top of Tinto Hill (at 2320 feet) which overlooks Granddad’s house.  You can see the pictures here. When we got to the top we all sat down for our food and took some pictures.  What we didn’t realise was that one of the batteries and memory cards for Daddy’s camera fell out of his rucksack.  We realised this when we stopped for break ¾ of the way back down.  So Daddy had to go back to the top.  It took us 2 hours to get to the top the first time and we were an hour back down when we spotted the camera equipment had fallen out.  Daddy ran all the way back up and met Granddad and Scott back down near the bottom a hour later.  Unfortunately Daddy couldn’t walk properly for three days afterwards; he is not as young or as fit as he would like to think!!!!! J  But it was a very fun day and Scotty’s first hike, and a Graham mountain as well, (a hill 2000-2499 feet). 
Yesterday Mummy and Daddy went to Tim and Kate’s wedding, while they were there, Nikki took us children to McDonald’s and to the park so we had a lot of fun.  Then in the evening Nikki had to go to the institute graduation so Jess Kitsell and Sam Siswick came over to baby-sit for the rest of the evening.  This meant that Mummy and Daddy could enjoy their time at the temple with Kate & Tim and then go for a meal afterwards which they like doing.  Maybe sometimes they take advantage of the babysitters eh???

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: